Cultivated Reef

Sexy Shrimp

avalanche1201

avalanche1201

I've got a 3gal and 2day im hopefully picking up my CUC. After that I was going to get a yellow clown goby and some sexy shrimp, along w/ carious polyps shrooms etc.

But I have a few questions about the Sexy Shrimp. I thought they liked to be in groups of 2 or more, but I have been told they like to be in odd # groups..1,3,5 etc. Is that true? Or do they like to be in at least a group of 2?

Also..Should I get an anemone for them to host? Or are they not needed? If so, I cant get one now...Should I get one as soon as I can? Or can they host anything like a clown fish does?

thanks for all the help

An anemone is way to big for a three gallon tank. The sexy shrimp will be fine without an anemone. I have heard of people keeping even # groups with succeSs but more success with odd #. Be sure to spot feed the shrimp because they tend to pick on zoos. I have only heard of a few cases that the shrimp ate zoas but watch them carefully. Good Luck.

Gerber

avalanche1201

thanks alot gerber. I guess Ill have to get 3 of them because I really love the way they look now, and I wont be satisfied with one. I've got a camel shrimp to that my girlfriend loves, so Im going to have to spot feed him and keep a close watch out for red stripe (the camel)

avalanche1201

never heard of it. I like the carpets but I read they are hard to keep, is that the same for the mini? or are they easy to take care of

minis are pretty hard to find. but more so than anything, what's your lighting?

i've seen psidriven's tank in person and it's incredibly nice :) i really liked his mini nems and sexy shrimp :)

Archived