Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

lettuce slug

xJoshx

Cant seem to find info on these guys im thinking about ordering from SealifeInc

ive heard and seen great reviews from them and propgator recommended them

here is what i guess they look like \/

Green%20nudi2.JPG

so? if they die do they Nuke ur tank or not? what else should i know and Does anybody on here own any?

Cant seem to find info on these guys im thinking about ordering from SealifeInc

ive heard and seen great reviews from them and propgator recommended them

here is what i guess they look like \/

Green%20nudi2.JPG

so? if they die do they Nuke ur tank or not? what else should i know and Does anybody on here own any?

The only thing these guys will eat is bryopsis algae, so the first thing you need to figure out if thats the type of hair algae you have or not. If not, then it'll starve pretty quick in a nano.

Secondly, they have a tendency to get sucked in to powerheads, so make sure that the intakes on yours are screened off really well.

fishybusiness

A sea hare is a good choice, but they can emit a toxin for self defense. I've never personally had one, but a friend of mine had one die. He got to it kinda late. The tank isn't nuked but it is in destress. Its a 125 gallon.

I had a sea hare myself in my 30g, and it died on me after a few weeks. Not sure how long it was dead for, but it didn't damage anything in the tank. The color of it was completely white though, so it was dead for at least a few hours...

I have a lettuce sea slug (was called lettuce nudi at the lfs). I've had it for a few months now and it's doing great. As was already mentioned, they will get caught up into filter and powerhead intakes, so need to keep an eye on them/cover your intakes. If they do get sucked in partway and you catch it in time, best thing to do is turn off the powerhead/filter and let it work itself back out.

just how fast dp these guys eat hair algea? ive got a lot growing on sand/rock(forgot to replace my seagel)in 8g BC,and i just cant get it all out(plus iam scared my rocks will fall)i was thinking of getting one or an emerald crab

emeralds tend to be nasty or not hit's Hit or miss with em but i hear they have a taste for zoos

btw sealifeinc.com is where i orderd them

i had one, they're really slow and fall down alot. it went m.i.a. after a few weeks though, sucked so bad.

it might have been yours, but the one I had moved rather fast for a slug, and I never saw it fall down off the glass or rocks, it was quite agile in movement infact.

Archived