inTank Media Baskets

peppermint shrimp mistaken xenia for aiptasia?

this1fish

i just picked up a pulsing xenia today and my shrimp has been picking it non stop. kinda ####### me off and im gonna kill my shrimp if i go home tonight from work with it damaged. I mean, i rather sacrafice a 8dolla shrimp than my 20 dollar xenia. at first i thought it was just picking around it to get the dead stuff around it but looks like it can be harming it.

*snip

im gonna kill my shrimp if i go home tonight from work with it damaged

prepare to be verbally assaulted for making a remark like that here (not by me though).....at least you didn't mention killing a fish.....you'd be molested if you did that :lol:

haha yeah, my roommate's peppermint tore up 2 colonies of yellow polyps...or was it 3? either way, he was quite ###ed. threw it into his mantis tank but the mantis is more afraid of it -_- sissy...

i actually have a mated pair of peppermints that throw babies left to right from time to time. that's the only reason i keep them. extra food for my fish. well i'm home now and the peppermint has stopped bugging it but then my xenia isn't fully opened. I'll give it a few days to see if it'll open. Maybe the shrimp was only cleaning up the dead area and when it finished, it left it alone. If they bother it again, into the fuge they go.

oh btw, i'm in st. paul, MN.

ah i'm not sure if it applies to peppermints but i do know it applies to skunk cleaners. skunks are sexless so yeah...if you have 2, it's enough to get fry :)

ah i'm not sure if it applies to peppermints but i do know it applies to skunk cleaners. skunks are sexless so yeah...if you have 2, it's enough to get fry :)

it just might be possible!

also i do feed them well, they just want trouble i guess. i saw one kill one of my blue legged hermit the other day, that hit the last straw, been trying to get them out lately...isnt working...bastards...

yep i hear you. i will have no shrimp in my 12 gal after i reset it up. even my skunks killed and ate my queen conch and countless snails and hermits -_- this is even with feeding them an entire silver side every day -_-

He didnt mistake anything.....peps love xenia. One ate 4 stalks of pink xenia in my tank overnight.

But I have two other ones in my 37 that never mess with xenia or anything. Each animal is unique.

Archived