Pod Your Reef

Proper instructions for fragging out a ricordea?

Tentacles

Ok prop people, Id really like some first hand experience instructions, not from an internet search. So far Ive read just use a razor or other sharp and clean blade and cut it up like a pie, and it you cut it at the right part of the base/stem you can have another grow from that too. I understand all of that but Id rather hear from some people on here how you do it before I put my ric under the knife.

So if you have any real good websites or experience (or even a video) that would be awesome.

cut and putt :)

Thats how I fragged a small mushy, which is pricipally the same as a ric.

ask a1rabbit about his blender :)

i dont really want to blend a ricordea, and what is cut and putt

i was interested to see for instance how many pieces people would cu them in, 2, 4, 6, and if they used a razor or something else, and how successful it was, online guides, and so on.

I would just get a razor blade, cut the head of the stalk or foot, that attaches it to the rock. Then cut the ric into two peices by splitting it down the middle. Then get a needle and string and attach it to some rubble. In a few weeks, you'll have three rics. The foot will grow back along with the two halfs.

also I wouldnt cut them into more than four peices, rics are two sensetive to be just blended up like normal shrooms.

The tough thing about just cutting it is that they are a bugger to get to attach. I have cut them into pie shapes---as well as just cutting them into square-ish type pieces.

What works best for me is when I the ric is already attached to a rock. I work backwards. I cut the rock from the under side and then use a blade to separate the ric in the exact spots where the rock has been cut--ensuring that there is rock attached. My earlier experiments with cutting a loose ric showed me that it took nearly FOREVER for the darn ric to attach on its own.

also if a peice is seperated from the rock you can put a peice of bridal netting over the rock and ric peice for a week or so then it will attach. You can also thread and tie it to the rock with string, but you have to tie it very securly or it will fall off the string

Archived