inTank Media Baskets

4 13 watt PC from Sears

Snootleather

Has any one ordered from paper direct? Their book worms are only 13 bucks plus 7 shipping but if you are buying two it is less then twenty a peice at another store. So had any one ordered from them and had a good experience? Let me know

C. Jerome

Snootleather

C Jerome... Rene posted in DIY that she has ordered from paperdirect and is expecting them anyday now... kinda waiting on her report.

C Marks... I searched all over town for the book worm, no luck. Have looked into paperdirect and am waiting on Rene's report. If my sears carries the 4x13w pc it saves me shipping... if I order from paperdirect it ends up costing more due to having to ship to Alaska.

On another note, perhaps you could email me regarding the tanks you have listed on Aquabid... it has the lights built in and everthing else? The reason I ask is due to the fact that I am still tankless and trying to put one together, if its economical to get one of yours I will just go that route and not worry about the craftsman or bookworm lights :P

I dont think any of these lights are going to be suffecient. other than the one at "petsupplyliquidator" since they arnt power compact, or compact flourescent. JUST wattage is not enough, you need to have spectrum, like 10,000 lumens, and a power compact 32 watt, is not the same as a flourecent 32watt..... Just my thoughts

Snootleather

Liquidfunk... actually they are all power compacts... the one at sears has 4 13 watt power compact bulbs and the one from paperdirect has one 13 watt power compact... so, they all should do the trick... But as Chris pointed out, the heat may be a problem with the craftsman light.

The heat wont be the issue as much as the kelvins will be. It would be a good bet that the kelvins per bulbs is bellow 6k. As wee all found out with the infamous bayco dual 13 watter fixture you can NOT run 13w 50/50's in the dual bulb set up. The amperes are not enough to light them. the single bulb fixture yes but not the dual. You will most definately have the same problem with this 4 bulb set up as well. Just do what I did. Make or buy your own end caps. Go to homedepot and get the magnatek 200-H2 20 watt no ballast for each bulb your running. IT WILL LIGHT THEM. I am currently running this with two 50/50 13w pc's on my 5.5g. :)

Archived