ReefCleaners.org

My 20 gallon Nano

lunchbox

Hey nice tank!   Have you ever found out what the "unkown" thing is in the picture?  I had one of those in my tank too, except mine was yellow with a little red dot on one end.  I thought it was a tiny slug or something.

I don't know what it is.  I have 4 or 5 of them and a couple of the yellow ones you described.  They look like they clean the glass so more power to em.  

I also have something that looks like a brown hairy pistacho.  It has an arm/leg/tongue/? that comes out and pulls it up the glass.  I couldn't find it to take a pic but I have a few of them in various sizes.

(Edited by lunchbox at 6:52 pm on Mar. 10, 2002)

reef hugger

it resembles the flatworms that i have in my tank. the yellow with red dots are what i have and are harmless. i  don't know about the white ones though. if it looks like they are eating your corals then you probably will want to remove them. unless your goal is a tank full of flatworms :biggrin:

Lunchbox,

I remember reading a post on RC about the white flatworms, evidently they eat the red planeria and never reach plague proportions that the common red does. They are generaly larger than the reds and seem to envelope the reds with thier cape and digest them. if its true could you give me all your white ones cuz even though they are harmless the red ones covering my substrate are killing me :)

HTH,

Toy

Archived