Coral Vue Hydros

2x9 lighting for a 5.5g?

sykospark

Turns out the pico I won did not have the 2x13 lighting the seller said it had, but 2x9. Will this be sufficient for basic things like zoos and mushrooms??

Or will I have to spend some more money now on a better lighting system :P:huh:

I ran my 5.5g (link in sig) with 2x13W of PC. Some of the mushrooms liked it, some didn't. The zoas I had got very leggy & actually started to die back until I moved them. I also had xenia & a chalice, that didn't seem to do too badly, but now that I have seen them under better lighting I see that they weren't happy.

Bottom line: 2x13W will get you by, but it would be better to have a little more.

It actually wouldn't cost you too much to make a custom canopy with 2x24W... Probably less than $60.

Actually, I was inquiring about a 2x9, which is what the lighting turned out to be. I think I'll have to upgrade.

Any recommended ballasts?:(

get the coralife 2x18 hood it is about $50 but it looks great on my six and I have every thing from zoas to LPS and even a orange monti(been in there for three weeks seems to be fine).

get the coralife 2x18 hood it is about $50 but it looks great on my six and I have every thing from zoas to LPS and even a orange monti(been in there for three weeks seems to be fine).

I went to a LFS that was selling it for a good price, AND ACCIDENTALLY BROUGHT HOME THE 2x9 THAT I ALREADY OWN!! AL:KFJL:SDFJK

So I need to go back next weekend. :(

bleh

Archived