Innovative Marine Aquariums

Sexy Shrimp Question

SunsetApisto

Is it possible that I could just put mushrooms and the sexy shrimp would host that rather than eatings zoos? I ask this because in another thread it says sexy's pick at zoos because they're so closely related to anenomes.

I think it's worth a shot. I have a friend who does that very successfully.

I hate those little $#%^$%#---they ate some zoas and SPS I had. But again--my buddy keeps 3-4 sexies in a 10gallon with loads and loads of shrooms. Even if they do eat some of them---no big deal.

Great idea IMO!! Post some pics!

Awesome. I just found a new LFS near my house that stocks zoos, shrooms, lps, and sps the quality of tigah's stuff, so I kinda want it all but I have to start easy.

Mushrooms divide at the speed of light, and I think I'm going to run carbon on my tank too so I especially won't care.

Sounds good---My buddy did some small macros as well. It's a very nice tank all grown in with shrooms and the algaes with the sexies hopping around all of it like they do.

could the sexy shrimp coexist peacefully with a pistol shrimp/goby combo?

Im wondering the same thing, actually.. but I don't think so. Pistol shrimp are "peaceful, with the exception of small shrimp", and I think that the sexys would fit that, right? Someone else on this board told me that pistols would tear up my pom pom crabs, but I don't see why they would... so if you find out, lemme know! :)

Hmm... this could be a very expensive mistake, but I have a pom pom too, so I'd be potentionally losing 75 dollars in invertebrates..

maybe I'll just get another pom pom crab.

yeah, it sucks doesnt it? i just set up a 5 gal for a pistol shrimp and goby pair, then fell in love with a pom pom carrying an egg sac, and decided to get it before the pistol... luckily, i could always move her to my 30 gallon to be with the other pom pom. :)

Archived