inTank Media Baskets

A few macro shots from my 7G bowfront

ChrisIsBored

ChrisIsBored

Just a few shots taken with my Nikon Coolpix 995. Just started taking images this weekend so I don't have many available or worth showing. I'll try to get some more posted later as well...

macro-brain.jpg

macro-brain2.jpg

macro-image1.jpg

macro-image2.jpg

B)

deacon hemp

To hobbzz:you don't need the 5700 that is a zoom camera the 4500 is the cam you want it's cheaper has the same macro function.the 5700 has 8xzoom for taking far shots.the 4500 is prolly more like $500 us.just a little camera info cause i love nikons!LOL

The 995 is no longer made, but has been replaced by a better model, the coolpix 4500. It is the best macro camera I have ever had just short of some sony cams. The coolpix 5700 actually sux for macro. This is why. When I photo fish/aquariums it can autofocus through glass (that was something I didnt expect!!) , but it has trouble autofocusing under low light...and I couldn't tell you why. Maybe the focal length of it's 8x optical is too much to let enough light through...so I end up having to always use flash, or if not...really long exposure times that can get noise...and the focal depth is horrible no matter what (about .5" range before blurring happens) . And to make it worse, the 5700 has a LCD style eye-piece that makes it very hard to tell when a macro is truely in focus because it's resolution cant compare to actual optical, and it's small 1.5" LCD screen it too small to tell as well. So I really dont recomend the 5700 for macros, unless under high lighting, and even at that, it comes nowhere close to a camera with a lower optical zoom...like the 4500. The 5700 is my everyday camera, being the next closest thing to a $2000 digital SLR-body, with awesome picture capabilities and manual overrides, but the 4500 is my macro camera any day. Heck, an old 1.3 megapixel mavica took better low light pictures than the 5700. Other good choices for macros: Nikon 4300 (better 'out-of-the-box' macro than the 4300, but not as easy to use through glass). Sony cameras... their whole series is known for it's low-light capabilities (even without the nightshot).

Archived