SaltCritters.com

New Additions to reef

Alanna

Hi all -

My favorite ldfs (long-distance fish store) in Charleston, SC had a great customer appreciation day today. We traveled 3 hours just to go! I was so excited!

Anyway, I came home with a cute little hawkfish, two t/r ocillaris clowns, and bi-color dottyback (and a green and a ruby Scat for my brackish tank).

I wanted to bring home a flame angel, but they were a little too expensive for me to take a chance on losing, so I'm going to wait until my tank has been running for a few months and I have more saltwater knowledge.

I'm acclimating the newbies now, and should add them in about a half hour.

I'm not sure how to post pictures, since I thought I knew how earlier (and didn't), but I'm attempting to attach a pic of the group in their bucket.

Anyway, that's the latest.

Alanna

That's alot of live stock to plop in at once.....

Regardless, keep an eye on your parameters and do a W/C if you see anything fluctuate. They are all very hearty fish, so they'll probably be fine.

Is that the flame hawk or long-nosed variety? Their both great fish and full of character. Make sure you give them lots of perching room in the tank and the taller the better!

As far as pics......make sure you adjust it so its 600x400 pixels or the site wont take it! ( I think that's the size: ...you'll k now when you post!). You can make those changes in windows "paint" or Photoshop, etc.

Archived