Innovative Marine Aquariums

My 7gal bow is doing great!!(pics)

SmartaZaWhiP

SmartaZaWhiP

Here are a couple of new pics of my 7bow. I recently changed my tank from a 20H to a 7bow. The conversion was pretty simple, and my animals had no problem adjusting since I used my live sand from the old tank. I have been using Kent's Liquid Reactor, and the corraline is growing like mad. Might be the addition of a 65w PC for a total of 97watts combined with my 32w 50/50. I also have a phillips 03 actinic 15w on my custom hood that I use for dawn/dusk simulation. Since I don't make tons of money, I have found that going from my 20H to a 7 Bow was a great idea as now I can afford to use the best chems. I also use Kent's iodine, strontium, and magnisium, Wass black powder, and Kent's corral accel.

Everything in my tank seems to be reproducing as I perform two water changes per week and skim with a seaclone 100 skimmer.

I recently bought a 30hex for $10.00, but since this tank is doing so well now, I might just make it a fish only being that the surface area of a hex is pretty small.

Thanks for your time, and sorry about the links as apposed to just uploading the pictures since the admin has prevented me from uploading pictures on this site:(

complete_.jpg

nice-view.jpg

tubeandfriends.jpg

SmartaZaWhiP

Thanks for the replys Reefy and Rene. The tank started off like this-->mytank.jpg

and that was at 1.5 months, now it's nine months old.

And yes Rene, the purple and green thing is a tube anemone. They are kinda hard to find right now because (lfs told me) they were harvesting too many of them. Lucky for me I got one of the last ones left. It's pretty cool to watch it grab live brine though:)

I had to adjust the lighting so that it could get used to the intensity. I started it off with just the actinic@15watts, and then to the 32w pc 50/50 and then the 65w 50/50; now I use all of them and it opens up fine.

Thanks again for the responses!

Archived