Top Shelf Aquatics

Going with the big boys;)

mediumsprite

Really nice tank, I love those dimensions. make sure you update us on the progress. Why are you going to refinish the stand, it looks great in the pics.

looking good Matt;)

I got some stuff for your tank :P

I just updated with a couple new pics right now in fact! ;)

thanks, good luck with yours:)

Another tank?!?!

We both joined this group about the same time - however my aragocrete is still curing in my toilet tank. Damn that GARF website.

Good luck with your new tank.

just make sure you don't bring her over.lol

uh, well! I do have other ideas I can share with your g/f;) I think you would enjoy . lol j/k............. or not. lol :lol:

wow dont ever talk to my gf and give her any ideas :P

lol. well that's a start:)

lol luckily my girlfriend isnt to that stage yet but she is getting there, I'm the same way with my girlfriend, i tend to spoil her...ALOT luckily she hasnt gotten into reefing yet but she already wants me to setup a tank for a few clownfish for her

Hi Paul:)

I like the idea of the external durso. One of the guys on RC posted some pictures. But when you brought it up it made me think about the space, and you're right! It will look better using this method:)

thanks again

Is this what you need the overflow for? If so, why dont you just do external durso standpipes and drill it for a closed loop? That way you keep all your real estate. I think you would be happier with that method in the end. Just a suggestion. ;)

Thank you:)

the stand doesn't look all that great, and I think the color takes away from the tank and even makes it look a little smaller IMO:)

Really nice tank, I love those dimensions. make sure you update us on the progress. Why are you going to refinish the stand, it looks great in the pics.
chauuuuu. lol

I'll need a sump:)

thanks

OOOO.....I dont know about that one. I can get you the stuff, but you dont want me to build it :lol:

lol. thx:) I will most likely use a 40gal aquarium for a sump.

OOOO.....I dont know about that one. I can get you the stuff, but you dont want me to build it :lol:

thanks Izzue, I will look for him:)

Check with Calvin Sprite...he does some great acrylic work including sumps.

Izzue

Hello:)

My b/f is using IronCAD.

he makes it look easy. lol

how are you and everyone else making these 3d pictures? is it hard?

lol. send me some diims and I'll ask him to draw it out for you:)

oh CAD hahahaah. i wished i took that class after i took drafting in high school. looks hard :D

be careful with drilling that tank, it may be all tempered glass especially if it is a custom built tank. but that is going to make a sweet reef!

mediumsprite. imo u should make the overflow box a little deeper maybe 2 1/2-3 inches so that u can add some down turned elbows to help with the noise comming from the box

Hello,

Yes it safe, thank you:)

be careful with drilling that tank, it may be all tempered glass especially if it is a custom built tank. but that is going to make a sweet reef!

that's a great idea thansk reefone:)

mediumsprite. imo u should make the overflow box a little deeper maybe 2 1/2-3 inches so that u can add some down turned elbows to help with the noise comming from the box

here's the start of the canopy:)

canopy.jpg

Hello,

Yes it safe, thank you:)

that's a great idea thansk reefone:)

here's the start of the canopy:)

canopy.jpg

Man, what a sweet setup. I think I'm going to use your BF's trick as well. When I'm ready for a bigger tank, I will just tell my wife that it's her Vday gift. Two bird with one stone. I'm loving this thread, can't wait to see it when it's done!!

mediumsprite

lol. works for me :D

thx. I'll have pix soon.

Man, what a sweet setup. I think I'm going to use your BF's trick as well. When I'm ready for a bigger tank, I will just tell my wife that it's her Vday gift. Two bird with one stone. I'm loving this thread, can't wait to see it when it's done!!
mediumsprite

thanks,

i plan on 2x250hqi and some atinic t8's.

I plan on having lots of fish with easy to grow corals for contrast :D I'll keep the nice stuff in the 24gal

I will start with a gbta and about 5 clowns. once the tank is ready for more I will add a tang or two or three lol ( I can always switch them out when they get too big:)). We'll see how it goes. But first I need to set the tank up. lol

I replied to your post. Nice setup I like the tank size. What kind of lighting are you going with and what do you plan to keep?

thanks Mac, me tooo lol.

Cool can't wait to see it up and runing. :happydance::happydance:

-Mac :happy:

why would you put 2 250 watt halides over a tank that you are going to keep easy to keep corals in....Overkill If you want that much light you might want to keep SPS

Archived