ReefCleaners.org

new light and rock for 2.5

The Unit

I got my new 2x13w PC light from PSL.com and about 3lbs of LR today...pics to follow....i like the light and the rock is not as full as i have several corals to go into this tank that will fill some space for me....the tank is currently cycling and souldnt take to long as i used water and some sand from my 55

Originally posted by The Unit

i like the light and the rock is not as full as i have several corals to go into this tank that will fill some space for me....

I think the rock looks great :)

thanks...the right side looks kinda sparce but i have a shrrom rock, 2 zoo rocks yellow polyps and kenya tree to fill.....i had to place the LR so that i could protect my corals from a torch, hammer or frospawn that is to be placed on the left side on the bottom of the rock wall...[so corals on top of wall and to the right]....so here is the hard part...finding a LPS that is really small....so i am starting the search for a small frag of anf othe the three....and i prefrances are in that order[torch, frogspawn, hammer]......can anyone help...

The rock work, well, "rocks". I like it. I recently did a similar style on a FOWLR, high rock on both sides with a cavern down the middle. Bravo.

ty...i looked at the pic on my bros computer and it was really really dark....so i took another one today in the light....here it is......and thatnk liquid....and if its 1/2 of what your 2.5 looks like ill be happy

Unit

What bulbs are you using on your tank? I am setting up a 2.5 and i want to put an actinic 03 and 10,000K bulb over it. How does yours look with the lights that you chose?

C. Jerome

Either your camara is not showing the true lighting in the pictures or you may need to loose that eggcrate which seems to be diffusing the light. My 2 13's seem much brighter then your pic appears.

no its the camera...for some reason i cant get to become a bright as it truly is.....and for the bulb i would go with 2x50/50 bulbs...i dont like the look of 10k in back and antic in from....i want it all the same.....

Ya its kinda hot. I have a desk fan that is always blowing at or near it and that helps. My 5.5 changes 2-3 degrees from when the light is on and off, 77-80. Mine didnt buzz til I got the new 50/50s. Sometimes the buzz is louder than other times. Thanks for the complement on the tank.

thanks DAP.........i will post pics hopfully by next weekend of the tank after it has cycled and i have my corals in it....yea i want to have someything in the iddle.....my hopes r for a small torch but i dont think i will be able to find on small enough...but i cant think of an alternative with equal or better characteristics..

• 2 weeks later...
DongShenYin

I think the tank would show up better if the background wasn't a window. The light coming in makes silhouettes of foreground images, hence the darkness.

yea i can get some tomorrow.....have plans tonight[work]...na its not custom..its on their site in the "metal lighting" sectioin...35 plush shipping

Archived