Top Shelf Aquatics

Esabasard and DiamondGal's 75g Upgrade

Esabasard

It's time to upgrade from my 24g NC to a reef-ready 75g. So far all I have is the sump I made yesterday from an old 29g AGA. I should have everything I ordered by Friday. This is going to be a slow build-up from the Nano-cube, my goal for now is to just get the cube emptied then worry about buying more LR. Here is the equipment I ordered yesterday:

75g RR Perfecto tank

Black Pine Perfecto stand

Current Outer Orbit Pro with 2x150W MH + 4x54W T5 actinics

Mag 9.5 Return Pump

I will be adding more arag substrate but thats about all that will happen for now. The cube will be left running so that I can cure future LR purchases. Here is a picture of the sump.

Sump.jpg

BrassMonkey030

pull that 4th pane out completely, and move the two on the right about one inch up and two inches more to the right.

if you didnt want any criticism, disregard.

BrassMonkey030

sure thing. these are just suggestions.

the black line is the bad flow your gonna get. the fuge will have stagnant water on the bottom

green line shows the better flow through the fuge with that pane pulled.

pulling them to the right more is just to get more fuge area. you may need to keep it the way it is tho, depending on pump size and how mutch water volume you need to get the system moving again.

Sump.jpg

I got everything in Friday except that the light was wrong so it'll be another week for that. I got all the plumbing done late Friday night and leak tested it and all seems well. The only problem is that the return pipe has a siphon-break hole that water comes out of making way too much noise. I patched that with some silicone so I have to wait till tomorrow to test it. I did go ahead and add salt, sand and some powerheads for temporary circulation. I took some water out of the cube along with some LR and a generous amount of LS. I think that along with all the ceramic rings and bio-balls that were sitting at the LFS for the last two weeks should make my cycle very fast. I'll try to put up some pictures tonight.

• 1 month later...

Here are some pictures from the very beginning to a couple of days ago.. more to come tomorrow.. we got 30 more pounds of rock and changed the setup!

--please excuse the bad pictures.. 1. camera isnt that amazing and 2. I had to resize the photos and they dont look as good as they should!--

Day One!

Day1.jpg

Sump set up

Sump.jpg

First Cup of Sand

DSC02068.jpg

Got the Lights

DSC02240.jpg

First living creature in tank

DSC02252.jpg

Test Corals

DSC02277.jpg