Top Shelf Aquatics

Request for anemone info.

Seanfg89

I'm interested in getting an anemone but all I have so far is conflicting information about the smaller species of anemones. I'm looking at Waratah and Beadlet anemones and have read up a great deal about them but cannot get any consistent information about their temperature requirements. I've read that they are cold water species, that many people have had great success keeping them in normal reef tanks, that they are temperate... I just don't know who to believe omgomgomg I'm so confused. Does anyone here have any reliable information/experience regarding these two species and would be willing to share?

Also, if anyone knows of any smaller species of anemones that stay small and would do well in a tank with the temperature of 77-79 please enlighten me, I would appreciate any help.

firstimereefer

I have a waratah myself, I keep mine between 74-77F and it does fine. I feed everyother day when I feed my fish. It is open during the day it closes at night. I have had it for a about a month with no problems. There is a guy who goes to the same lfs as I do who has one in his 90G reef that is kept at 80F and he has had his for 3 monthes without problems with it and he feeds his just like mine. I feed mine frozen mysis and I would say every other week I give it a gut loaded feeder guppy that has been acclimated to salt water by the lfs. My lfs has had theirs for I think a year or longer and they keep theirs in 75-78F water temp with out problems and it has even spat out babies. I haven't lost any color as others have reported it is a bright red as the day I got it maybe even brighter. IMOP I think you should be fine.

i still have a few.

they will tolerate tropical 75-78.

tolerate... not thrive. the population in my "reef" tank appears to be non-reproducing.

Archived