Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Trav's 20H Mixed Reef

Travis

I wish I was anal on my tank being clean. I have coralline on the back of my tank and when I set up my rocks, some touched the sides and most touch the back, so now I cant clean those. Remember to get some pics up when that order comes in.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks.

I am using a Nikon D80.

I havn't used a skimmer in a few months I think. I had a Tunze Nano DOC skimmer, it worked great, but I didn't like how it looked in the display.

Oh, I have 6 fish in there now.

Oc. Clown

Firdmani Psudochromis

Sixline Wrasse

Blue/Green Reef Chromis

Yellow tail Damsel

Yellow Watchman Goby

Some may think that is way to many fish for a 20g, and they are right, most of the time. my tank has had enough time to mature and I have enough experience in this hobby that I know what I am doing and what my tank is capable of, and I know the signs if anything starts to go wrong and I can prevent it from happening.

Plus I have a sh*t load of coral and they aid in the export of wastes.

Yep, but not algae on the glass lol, I'm still going to keep the clean look.

I traded my 20w Pendant for a 150w Sunpod. The Softies on top have been closed up, the ones in the mid/lower portions of the tank are fine, so this tells me it was a lighting thing.

One thing I would like to add is a small yellow gorgonian.

I guess my tank really is a mixed reef, I mean it has everything from SPS and Clam and Anemone to Sponge and Gorgonians lol.

lol, are actually going to keep this lighting setup. i really think you should just buy one good one and give your others to me ;) i will probably end up going back to a single 65w pc again. not exactly a sunpod, but w/e.

Well, if I don't use one, I sell it, if I want a different one, I trade it. I only have the Sunpod now.

I stuck with the 250w for a while, just upgraded the reflector, and that time I tried the T5HO, but I was back to MH within a few months.

Yeah, that's what I have always tried to do. I only make changes to my tank when I see the need so that the fish and coral are all in a happy, healthy environment.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived