Coral Vue Hydros

Test resaults.... need advice! :)

BigReefer

Ok well... I setup my tank 4 days ago and my amonia has been reading .25mg/l, nitrates 0 and nitrites 0... This morning the readings are Amonia 0, Nitrites 0.1 and Nitrates 5...

My rock was WELL cured and my amonia spike only peaked at 0.25mg/l... What i am wondering now is if i should proceed with a water change or wait another few days??? Thanks for all of your help guys! :blush:

If you wait until your nitrites are down to 0, then you get the most bang-for-the-buck from your water change. Another day or two won't kill you, will it? :)

SeaMountain

FWIW my ammonia never exceeded .25 either. Nitrites were always a "trace" except for one day they hit .30. Had I not tested that day, I would have thought a true 'Spike' had never occurred! HA! This happened within about 4-5 days of adding 22lbs of LR.

My 'trates hit 20 at a week and a half. Did a 1g water change.

Today is the third week 'Anniversary' and I finally have a clean up crew being delivered via FedEx from www.JustPhish.com !

MK is spot on... A few days won't kill you!!! hehehe Just might make you antsy to want to drop some type of critter in there!!! B)

LOL!!!! You guys are right!! I am antsy!! BUT I am going away to my girlfriends for the weekend, SO I'll wait untill sunday, recheck and if nitrites are 0, ill do my FIRST water change! WOOHOO! :) lol

Seamountian, congrats man! :) Got any pics of your setup?? I will have some up sunday when i get my digi cam back from the GF ;)

I just installed my 32 watt CSL retro fit and WOW what a differance from the stock Eclipse light!!!!

SeaMountain

Yeah girlfriends.... ;)

I'm heading to Montana fro the weekend with mine, and my box w/Clean up Crew was just delivered so I'm heading home to acclimatize them!

Hit the WWW button above and you'll see my startup and LR. I need to update and improve he site layout. I'm considering starting a local site for guys around my area. Of course with a direct link to NR.com! ;)

WOW!!! Very nice Mike!! Love the way you aquascaped the the live rock!! Cant wait to see how its going to look with the corals and fish! :) Great job man! :)

PS> Have fun in Montana! ;)

Archived