Top Shelf Aquatics

How often do you guys see your Emerald crabs?

05XRunner

Well I got my emerald on Wed...He took off into the rocks after sitting on the sand for a few mins...Havnt seen it since. I have about 70lb of rocks in there. I figure probably wont ever see it come out of the rock work again.

I wish i could see him again..but I am not tearing anything apart to find it..I am sure one day when not expecting it will show up really big or something..LOL

I mostly only see mine at night when i check things out or before I go to work with the flashlight. When I first got him, he was always battling with my damsel over what they thought was prime real estate, but they now get along in the same hole. The damsel resides there at night, and he is in there during the day.

I see mine all the time. I have a 12g nano and when i got mine in it Vanished for about 6 days now 5 months later he's out and about all the time. It Loves hanging under the Leather Toadstool.

i think u'll see him again... 70lbs is alot, but these guys have great personalities and never seem bashfull.. they ar fantastic cleaners too.. rocks, sand, hermit crabs... they'll clean anyting... a bit dangerous imo though if u have small fish.. quick story: had a occ clown brand new from the pet store... as soon as i put him in the crab started freaking out like it was dinner time... the occ clown was swimming low and the crab would actually hang off the rock swiping at him, then let go and try to fall on the fish..(freaking awesome to watch). well the clown must have been stressed or something because 2 mornings later, he was crab food.. sorry to scare you.. I dont think thats very common..

I am not to worried about that..the Emerald wasnt very big and my clwon pair is much larger then him....I just hope I see the darn thing again one day.

I guess its easier to spot them in like 12g tanks then it is a 75gal with alot more rock.

Archived