Innovative Marine Aquariums

Fish injured it's eye.....

StanD

Hi,

One of my fish appears to have injured one of its eyes. There's a scratch on the clear cover that has turned a pale white over time. The other eye cover is still clear. There isn't any growth on the cover, it has just turned pale white instead of being clear. I can still see its eye past the cover and it appears to be healthy as it can still see out of its eye.

Is there anything I can do about this besides putting it in a quarantine tank?

Stan

I wouldn't QT it. As long as the tank is in order, chemistry wise, and the fish is healthy, imune system and nutrition wise, it should be able to fight off any issues with infection.

If it gets worse and protrubant, then think QT and maybe an antibiotic. But I wouldn't worry too much. What tope of fish btw?

I wouldn't QT it. As long as the tank is in order, chemistry wise, and the fish is healthy, imune system and nutrition wise, it should be able to fight off any issues with infection.

If it gets worse and protrubant, then think QT and maybe an antibiotic. But I wouldn't worry too much. What tope of fish btw?

A very small 1" kole tang. I think my flameback chased it into some LR and it may have scratched it's eye.

I had a large kole tank but it went carpet surfing a few weeks ago.....so sad.

My Yasha injured its eye and most of its fins during a tank move. He has since recovered fully. Just keep your water in good condition and your fish should heal.

My Yasha injured its eye and most of its fins during a tank move. He has since recovered fully. Just keep your water in good condition and your fish should heal.

Alright. I'll leave it be. Now I just need to figure out how to stop the flameback for chasing the kole....I know, I need a new tank! Lol....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived