SaltCritters.com

Anemone

Uploadead

Would it be possible to house a BTA under 32 watts of PC lighting? Is there any way to upgrade the lighting (E.G Reflectors/ Stronger bulbs). Can you please tellme if I can house one, as my LFS has has a BTA in their NC for about 12 months and it's fine. Can you fill me in on everything you experts know please!

thanks! :happy:

retrofitting is kind of like a DIY type of deal. when you buy a retro kit, you must assemble and wire the light yourself and then do what you desire with it.

there are basic instructions that come with the kit either in a pamphlet or printed on the ballast. it takes some type of handy-work and a little knowledge of wiring, but nothing too complicated. you will also need some tools like a wire-stripper, screwdriver, etc..

The Propagator

How large is the tank and how high will the light be over top ?

Thats the 1st question that needs answered before I would give you a yes or no.

In a shallow tank it is completely viable. ( IE 10 inches or less deep with the light no more than 12" over the nem. ( for bulb tips anyway)

Looks a bit crapmed. Ill pass on a BTA. Would a mini carpet work? I just want a nem for authenticity, something to feed and colour.

Maybe try a coral. From what I have heard it is really difficult to keep anemones in tanks that are not extrememly established and stable. It is for this reason I am going to not have an anemone until I have more experience with my new tank. I am thinking of having a frogspawn, hammer, or torch coral when I finally get set up and stable. I hear some clownfish would even host one of these corals.

Before you take my advice, you should find out whether one of these types of coral will thrive under your lighting conditions. My plan is to get an AP 24g with the 150W light, so I know that I will have enough light for the types of coral that I mentioned.

Cheers

Dennis :)

thanks you two, really helpfull stuff! :)

Would it take up the WHOLE tank though? I really wouldnt like to keep swapping for smaler ones. Anyone got mini carpets?

is this a nanocube or something?

i dont think itd take up the whole tank, but that depends on how big of a nem you buy, and how fast it grows, I have a bubble tip in my 10g and it doesnt take up much space

Yea a nanocube. Can you show me a picture of it if its not too much trouble?

if it didnt look like it hated its life id be glad to take a new pic, but here is one a few weeks old....hes been trying to recover from being stuck in a powerhead a little bit, and the fact that after that he hasnt eaten much. Im trying silversides next when i get a chance to go get some.

heres the nem with his maroon (now a maroon pair) you can sort of see where it got caught on the top right of the anemone http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q64/ben...nt=IMG_1786.jpg

and for size comparison heres an older fts, the white rock on the right of the tank is where the nem is, its just turned around the other way http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q64/ben...nt=IMG_1768.jpg

All I can say is... if you're going to get a small nem for your tank, be prepared to bring it to the LFS or sell it online or SOMETHING when it starts getting big. Perhaps a condy or something might be better for you...

Archived