Top Shelf Aquatics

Xenia in my stars?

Mnesarchus

I had noticed something growing in my star polyp mat for some time now, but never really wondered about them. Now there are lots of them. They are embedded right in the purple mat of the GSP, but do not have green coloration, and are very differently shaped that star polyps. They are the color & shape of Xenia.. is this possible? I waited for the GSP to close up at night, flicked on the light and snapped a pic of the unknowns:

deacon hemp

I'd say if they don't pulse they're either pipe organ,or brown star polyps.the one's in the top left look like they have dots in the center of the polyps.my 2 cents

Edit:also maybe a type of clover polyps[clove polyps].

They are also "Star Polyps", just another variety. They can "intertwine" with themselves and become one and sometimes "morph" colors. This is how some colors of zoo's came about, the mats grew together and the new polyps would have a little of each color. It is not Xenia or anything other then another kind of Star Polyp caught up in the Mat. Here are a couple of my star morphs (light flourecent green and pinkish/white). I believe the upper right ones may look familiar to you.

Archived