ReefCleaners.org

Super Glue Gel?

Exee

A few weeks ago i got a aqua cultured frag of GSP and when I acclimated it a piece of the mat fell off...

I want to glue this piece of GSP to the side wall of my tank . I asked my LFS and they suggested using Epoxy. I tried it and only ended up with it all over my hands...:*(

I did a search here and found out about super glue gel and want to give it a try. I was wondering what company makes this and where its sold...? Is it like regular super glue that is sold at the drug store or hardware store? or is it only sold online?

what should I look out for when i'm buying it? I'm guessing it should say non-toxic...

any help would be greatly appreciated... I apologize if this is the wrong forum to post this at???

[edit] I guess i should have searched for super glue before i posted this...:P X) : [edit]

You should be able to find it anywhere that sells superglue...right next to them. Superglues, gel or liquid should just be cyanoacrylate. Although some people recommend certain brands for reefing, I've had luck with the regular stuff at the drug store.

get the slower drying, thicker kind so that it is easier to handle. the liguid versions will make a mess of the tank. Check spsfrags.com for a little info on their glue. they used to list the percentage cyanoacrylate that they use in their glue.

If the glue is too runny you'll get it everywhere. If it's a bit thicker, it's easier to drip onto the frag and it should dry in about 30 seconds.

Archived