Cultivated Reef

White / Black Clownfish Lip

DEadsCSU

My Clownfish recently developed a white and black growth on its lip. Does anyone know what it could be and how to treat it?? Lymphocystis? Thank soo much.

Dave

dsc01383ng2.th.jpg

looks like lymph to me as well. make sure the fish is able to eat and it will eventually go away. it's a viral infection with no medications of cures, just time :)

c- cottom mouth is usually called a fungal infection on most medications. the truth is, cottom mouth is more than likely a bacterial infection they call a fungus, although it isnt. lymph is neither bacterial or fungal but viral and isn't something you can medicate (think of herpes and the common cold in human terms for viral infections.)

c- cottom mouth is usually called a fungal infection on most medications. the truth is, cottom mouth is more than likely a bacterial infection they call a fungus, although it isnt. lymph is neither bacterial or fungal but viral and isn't something you can medicate (think of herpes and the common cold in human terms for viral infections.)

Oh I see. Very well put.

i wish i knew why medications insist on calling bacterial infections a fungus. fungus doesnt grow well at all in marine conditions. it's very rare to have a fungal infection. bacterial infections occur all the time tho. i guess we (i) could overlook people calling bacterial infections fungal infections, but im too picky i guess. :)

Archived