Cultivated Reef

13w 10,000k

C Jerome

Does any one know if I can get a 13W PC 10,000K Bulb for a book worm? I looked around some sites and did not come across one. Where can i get one, i like the look of one 10,000k and one actinic 03 on a tank.

Thank You

C. Jerome

you're probably better off getting two hellolights 50/50 (10,000k / 420nm actinic). the 10kK 13w white bulb does exist, but it's a lot harder to find than warmer bulbs. just a note: according to tests by saltydawg, you're not going to be able to run these bulbs in a dual 13w bayco setup (i believe they only pump 24amps current)

Yeah thats what i want, so where is your source? Not interested in the 50/50, dont like it. Is this dual 13 W bayco set up what the book worm light is? Any way where did you find the bulb?

C. Jerome

Right JBJ, but from what site? Did you get it on line? And does that bayco set up thing have any thing to do with it working in a book worm?

Thank You

C Jerome

Just nitpicking, but to avoid confusion, a 6500K bulb is COOLER than a 10,000K bulb. Not warmer. Just like a blue or white flame is hotter than a yellow flame.

Anyway, I searched and searched for 10,000Ks when I set up my 5g, with no luck. I ended up going with 2x6500K and 1xActinic. I'm very interested in a source for these JBJ bulbs, too.

The bookworm light is a single 13 watt in a tube with clamp on holder, as far as I know it runs any 13 watt bulb. The Bayco worklight is 2x13, it is very picky about what it runs.

Originally posted by MKramer

Just nitpicking, but to avoid confusion, a 6500K bulb is COOLER than a 10,000K bulb.  Not warmer.  Just like a blue or white flame is hotter than a yellow flame.

Correlated Color Temperature.

i think you have been mistaken.

So i went to marine depo's site and they have a 13W bulb up there that is listed as WHITE, so i sent an e mail to them and scott wrote back that they dont know the actual kelvin of it and that it actualy just says "white" on the bulb. How stupid is that? Has any one bought one of these 'white' bulbs? What K does it look more like?

Any other ideas of a source of 10,000K 13W PC?

C. Jerome

I don't know, but I do not understand the problem with going with 50/50s. You can't turn on your daylight and actinic at different times, but other than that, it is exactly the same. 50/50s will actually give you better distribution and the exact colors you want. This is because instead of mixing of the phosphors like they do in other fluorescent bulbs, PCs make one side one color and the other side another color.

BTW many places and manufacturers consider 6,500K as daylight.

I like the seperate bulbs so i can turn one on at a time and have the other off, and get that dawn dusk deal going on. If i cant find find it, i guess i will have to go with the 50/50, but i really like them seperate. I will keep looking, any one have any ideas?

C. Jerome

I remember finding them through a Google search "13 watt 10000k bulbs". They were at a couple of lighting store but were a bit pricey at $16ish each.

"jbj of course "

So can any one tell me what jbj is and where to find it so i can find these bulbs? I have looked high and low for a week and no luck, i have gotten close but have not found them. Any ideas?

C. Jerome

Archived