ReefCleaners.org

My 5.5 Nano, 4 months since last water change

zumzumn

This is my Nano that i put together around Thanksgiving of '02. I have not done a water change in 4 months and dose maybe once every 3 weeks if that. Nothing has crapped out and everything is doin great!!! Shoot i didn't even cycle my tank at all. I think this tanks goes to show, if you don't really care too much your tanks does better!! In my opinon!!

My Tank Specs:

5.5 Gallon

custom 4.4 gallon 'fuge

rio 600 (into the fuge, split into my tank too)

automatic top off

Custom Hood w/ 70W Hallide and 27W 50/50 PC

hi im creating a fuge for my 16 gal, like a back one like yours i was wondering what type of algae you grow in there that helps the ecosystem out. I dont just wanna buy something that doesnt work :(.

p.s wkd reef keep it up :)

R*Frost, i have Halameda, Toxifolia Mexicana and another one i am not suer of the name of. I'm pretty sure just mix up you macro algae and you will be cool.

Fabulous! I've been thinking about building a custom fuge for my 10G for a while now, similar to yours. The benefits of a fuge are proven in large setups and yours is testimony for nanos.

Again, great job. Is your fuge made from acrylic? And what glue did you use to bond the sides together?

zumzum: That is a fuge to be proud of. Nice job. And thank acoustic for fertilizing the algae in it. Reminds me of that commercial with the guy trying to keep his grass green by hitting the + on the color.

Archived