Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Condy hosting Clarkii picture

fewskillz

IMG_2216.jpg

My condylactis gigantea and a TR Clarkii I got from deathco. For some reason he was hanging out under the anemone instead of in it when I had the camera out, so this is the best I've got for now. He loves his anemone and feeds it everyday. They're fun to watch. Just thought I'd share.

yep, 65w 50/50 coralife bulb, he's only about 3" below the surface, so probably 7 or 8" from the light. I'll try to get some better pictures of them when the clown is actually in the anemone.

I'll try to. The clown just swims up, grabs whatever food it is I'm feeding, grabs some, swims back down and shoves it into the anemone, then turns around and grabs some for himself. It's pretty neat.

They don't, usually. I'd had the anemone for awhile and walked into Petco one day and saw this clown sitting right in the middle of a condy anemone. He was only $15 so I brought him home and he dove right into my anemone. They've lived happily ever after since then.

Koral krazy (reefer 365)

I think a lot of tank-bred clownfish don't always host with their respective anemone in nature. I mean, one in the show tank at my LFS sits in a plastic one!

try to get a video of them feeding. :happy:

My maroon does the same. Ignore the crusty background. Let it get that way before adding the star (will probably clean it soon, as he doesn't spend that much time back there).

IMGP0068.jpg?t=1171212577

thats just the way some condylactis nems are. to my knowledge there are varying C. sp. that are somewhat lightly colored and then C gigantea the white w/red base variety. Not the greatest explanation but you get the point ;)

It's not really bleached. I have had it since last September. Hasn't move much at all, actually on the rock it came in on. It is under 175w mh. It has colored up some, it seems. I will post a new pic in a few minutes.

These were taken just a few minutes ago.

W/o flash:

IMGP0680.jpg?t=1171222638

With flash (notice maroon under the tentacles):

IMGP0688.jpg?t=1171222712

Looks like it might have colored up some, you think? Pic from 12/30/06.

IMGP0125.jpg?t=1171223134

Edit: Pics taken on same setting with same camera. Wow, I didn't realized how much it had changed in the last couple of months.

that anemone isn't very bleached, yes it's white, but in my experience a bleached condy is more clear than white. Mine was almost see-through when I got it. I wanted to see if I could bring it back, because I figured if I could bring a condy back from that bad that I would have to problems keeping a healthy specimen of a BTA.

Clownfishcrazy1117
These were taken just a few minutes ago.

W/o flash:

IMGP0680.jpg?t=1171222638

With flash (notice maroon under the tentacles):

IMGP0688.jpg?t=1171222712

Looks like it might have colored up some, you think? Pic from 12/30/06.

IMGP0125.jpg?t=1171223134

Edit: Pics taken on same setting with same camera. Wow, I didn't realized how much it had changed in the last couple of months.

Much better. And I didn't mean to imply it was bleached. I just asked why it looked like that. Sorry about the confusion.

Much better. And I didn't mean to imply it was bleached. I just asked why it looked like that. Sorry about the confusion.

No need to apologize :happy: I have had it so long that I didn't even notice the gradual increase in coloration. It went so long without changing.

you should put up a pic of that clown/nem pair on the clownfish guide fewskillz ;) Im just sort of getting a picture of every clown i had listed but i want them all to be someones photos on here, not some google image.

clifford you too, im putting my maroon pair up but they are small and yours is bigger, god to see how they mature

otherwise nice looking clowns and nems guys! :happy:

• 1 month later...
I think a lot of tank-bred clownfish don't always host with their respective anemone in nature. I mean, one in the show tank at my LFS sits in a plastic one!

try to get a video of them feeding. :happy:

there is no clown that hosts condies in nature, as condylactus are atlantic anemones and there are no clowns in the atlantic. most clownfish will attempt to host a condy, but most of the time condies aren't receptive and will either a)eat a smaller clown, particularly oscellaris and perculas, or B) get beat to death by a large, aggressively hosting clown such as a clarkii or a maroon that can withstand the stings. but sometimes you get lucky and the anemone doesn't mind :)

Archived