ReefCleaners.org

So I got this sixline

SeeDemTails

My buddy who is tearing down his tank because he is moving gave me a small sixline. It has been in his tank for almost a year and is about an inch long.

I took it home and put it in my 37 gal.

I noticed last night it has a small white spot on its side, I assume ich.

The fish is active and eating well, what are the chances it will beat this on its own? If I need to I will setup a QT, but I would rather not. I have a skunk cleaner in there so I am hoping it will take care of this. I have had two clown in there for about 6 months, who look fine of course, and I hope they stay that way.

So much for getting a cool fish for free, I hope all works out and it is only a knick or something on it and not ich, and if it is i hope he can beat it!

The chances are your cleaner may think it's too small, although mine does clean my clowns if they want and theyre about 1". My guess is always prepare for the worst, even if its unlikely. I reckon it may beat it but be prepared for a spur of the moment QT. Foubt you'll need one though. Maybe use a natural medicine/organic one. Herbal ones are SAID to work. try one out if you like the idea and give us some feedback please :)

It will probably be fine. It is stressful be be caught and moved to a new tank. Just make sure your parameters are within proper limits and make sure it gets a little to eat each day, but don't overfeed the tank. Good luck :)

It will probably be fine. It is stressful be be caught and moved to a new tank. Just make sure your parameters are within proper limits and make sure it gets a little to eat each day, but don't overfeed the tank. Good luck :)

i agree. the fish will be fine unless somethign is stressing him from your tank (aggessive fish, water quality, etc). let him get used to the tank and im sure he'll be fine.

btw, 6lines rule.

So three days later, he has no ich on him, and is doing great. The clownfish dont care at al if he is in the tank, I though they might be aggresive as they were the only fish in the tank before, but the dont mind him whats so ever.

I am sure the cleaner took care of it.

He wont eat flakes, only brine and other frozen, but I think that is because he has a virgin population of pods to chow on as the clowns didnt eat the.

Archived