Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My 7g Nano :)

prefect

harbingerofthefish

you know I'm not big on the big hunks of rock look, but the way you have it set up is very appeling. From an artistic stand point, the use of positive and negative space makes it real eye catching.

I see you have a custom hood on that bow, what kinda lights are you running? 2x32s?

Thanks harbingerofthefish I appreciate the feedback!

Good eye on the custom hood (it finally came today), you are correct it contains a 2x32w CSL retro kit (a daylight and actinic).

I can get some pictures of it if anyone is interested.

harbingerofthefish

Yeah what the heck, show some pics of the hood. I'm currently sealing and hood for my bow to add a 13 to my 32.

Bangaii cards huh? you know a LFS near me has a 40 gallon reef with a pajama cardinal that is the size of a softball. Just to say that it might outgrow that 7.

Yeah the Bangaii isn't a permanent resident. I am holding him for a friend that is overhauling his tank.

Here a a few shots of the hood....

harbingerofthefish

what is that about 3 - 4 inches high? Do yu have glass or anything between the lights and water?

That HOB is looks nice any specs?

The hood is 6" tall so that makes the bulbs approximately 4" off the water.

I don't have anything in between the bulbs and the water?

Should I?

I don't have anything separating my halide and the water on my 40g. I do on my 25 though, basically because the hood is a CSL full hood which includes the splash guard.

harbingerofthefish

Oh no. If it works great. Like I said I'm customing a hood as we speak, and the lights will probally be 2 1/2" off the water and still debating whether or not to try and add a sheet of glass between them. It will be some work but if I need to I will. Since PCs don't really have the explosion factor MHs do I don't see a big problem.

what is that in the top right corner?

nice baster ;)

and...melee island?

Originally posted by harbingerofthefish

Oh no. If it works great.

I will keep my fingers crossed, like I said it just came in today B)

what is that in the top right corner?

Which picture? If you referring to the "bird's eye" one....that is a box with a bottle of Bio-Trace on top of it.

It's supporting the right end of the hood since, for some reason or another, the cube/foot thingy that rests on the edge of the tank to prevent the hood from enveloping the tank is missing. I am in the process of trying to get the people that built the hood to send me a new one. The box and bottle was the only thing I had around to use.

Luckily the other two are intact, not sure what happened to the third. I can see it was glued there at one point..... :(

nice baster ;)

and...melee island?

heheh... Actually Madison, WI

(wonder if anyone gets the "Melee Island")

I am also a tad concerned about temp fluctuations....2x32 watters might be too much for this size tank :(

harbingerofthefish
(wonder if anyone gets the "Melee Island")

guess I didn't, but hey I'm on my 6th, 7th, whatever glass of wine.

The right corner...I was actually refering to the coral up there...DOH! left corner :blush:

Ahhh heheh...

That is an Acropora sp. that I fragged from my 40g it has doubled in size in the last two months. Grows like a weed. :)

At the bottom is M. digitata frag (also from the 40).

Sweet tank, I am starting a 7 minibow very very soon! I was wondering where you got that sweet hood! I want to keep acros and want 2 36 watters not just one. (if i cant get the hood can i fit one 36 watt in the factory hood?) I am going to be running a CPU fan on it no matter what the outcome. I am looking into a QUEEN skimmer or something, just saw it in another post. It is only supposed to be like 40 bux!

Originally posted by Dustin

Can I fit a 36 watt pc in the stock hood?  That plastic one?  I think he oredered the hood from somewhere

I think you can fit a 32w in the standard light housing that comes with the tank.

HTH

damn nice P!!! :) I love the cardinal fish!! I have been looking for them in my area with no luck!!! Your nano is looking great!! good job! :D

I agree with harbinger. I like what youv'e done with the rock. Looks like your clown is thinking about taking up residence in that last pic you posted.

If you look at the last pic near your Bangaii you can see the rare species of the red eyed lurker LOL. looks funny though :D

p.s nice setup

Archived