SaltCritters.com

sweet idea

offsprg01

i just had a great idea. ok, story first. i live in the doorms, and i'm a broke and starving college student with an addiction for really off the wall cool fish. (not a good combo for the pocket book) since i live in the dorrms i can only have a ten gallon tank. so that limits the types of fish i can have. well i'm sittling here looking at the tanks (yes i said tanks) on my desks, which have a couple of gobies in each, and thinking these fish only use the botom 1/3 to bottom 1/2 tnak at the most. the top of the tank is a complete waste. why not build a tank that is half as tall and twice the foot print. is this a good idea or no? i was thinking acrylic or plexi glass since both a sorta cheep and easy to work with. would this also work for a reef tank?

yeah it would work, i think, but i am in a dorm room too and a larger foot print is hard with the lack of total floor space in the room, but if it would fit, i would go for it. The shalow water would be good because the light would not have to go through as much water. I have read of some people making lagoon style tanks to keep clams in. I am planing a 2.5 that i am going to start when i get home, to bring back in the fall.

C. Jerome

well i think i'll have to try that over the summer and let you guy know if it works or not. and as far as it fitting, i'll make it fit. there's always room for one more. i'm thinking about sealing off the door in my shower stall and making a really cool show tank next. what do ya think? :P

will do. last night i calked off the door, plugged up the drain and started filling it up with the good old water hose. should take a day or to.

Archived