SaltCritters.com

3gal Pico lighting

avalanche1201

avalanche1201

Lets see what you've got...need some ideas on how to upgrade, I like toejams setup but I cant seem to find anything that will fit my tank (12inch) anywhere

post-18430-1170959714_thumb.jpgactually the stock lighting would do an fine job with zoos, mushrooms and stuff like that. there is a forum member named phuntoon on here that has a 3 gal jbj picotope and he has stock lighthing and its doning great.. but i also have one and i upgraded the lighting to a current usa satalite lighting fixture on my tank its 12" and 1x18 w heres a pic
avalanche1201

i found that online last night....but I couldnt find prices anywhere, and would I be able to improve the bulb at a later date if i needed to?

and thats looken good jt10

edit: does your light give off alot of heat?

circusordie16

i got mine from drs foster and smith for like 40 bucks. i dont think you can do much with the bulb besides choose from actinic, 50/50, or daylight. mine doesnt give off much heat at all when its mounted on the legs, my tank doesnt go above 80, even with a glass top on it.

avalanche1201

sweet....i looked on dr's and couldnt find it...you wouldnt happen to have the link do you?

edit: found it....awesome...

and lunarlights do nothing cept make the tank look cool at night right

avalanche1201

hmmm...im reading "more info" and it says

Apply the four rubber feet (supplied) to the underside of the fixture to elevate the light fixture above the aquarium 1/4". You may also use the fixture mounting brackets to elevate the fixture above your aquarium (sold separately).
avalanche1201

Hope not....that would be kinda cheap. But these lights are def on my to get list... Those 18 and the stock 9 should be a good amount of light for such a tiny tank

yea when i got mine it came with the leg mounts. i got mine off ebay for 28 bucks from a private seller. crazy but any way you can get the legs for like 5$ or less, check ebay for them man. and let me know if you cant find any i got a spare set around here somewhere i think..

avalanche1201

thanks jt...Ill have to check out ebay like...right now :)

well after i get back from the bank...lost my wallet when i was really wasted sooooo i gotta get a temp card replacement

damn nothing on ebay :(

Archived