Pod Your Reef

my little 2 gal

Riona

Hm. My anemone(majano) hasn't really ever been happy in it, so I'm going to move it to my sump once I get that set up and would like to keep the little thing up since I've spent a good bit of money on it.

I have a bit of rock(not enough, but that's easily remedied) and sand. A couple of strands of sword caulerpa(LOVES THAT TANK!) a few copepods, a 10 watt light(no reflector, so enough light to keep caulp alive and thriving, not enough to make a "pest anemone" happy) a 7.5 watt heater and a 36 GPH stingray filter(completely covered intake, sponged)

If it was YOUR tank, you had not a lot of time(as in, I don't want a dwarf sea horse suggestion, or anything else that is likewise so demanding) and not a ton of cash(as in no equipment upgrades) what would you keep in it? Oh, also, I know they sell them on ebay, but no majano either ;) It's just a rectangle shaped clear box really. A critter keeper I used to keep a betta in ages ago.

Some sort of soft coral? A shrimp or a crab of some sort?

Edit: Also, the light is screwed into a reptile lamp, so even less light for that. Just thought I'd mention it. . .

If it was MY tank, I'd do a non-photosynthetic theme with sun coral and dendrophylia (sp?) and a gorgonian. They would require feeding, which means you thaw out some frozen mysis or cyclopeze a couple times a week & feed with a medicine dropper. Keep in mind that all the feeding would mean you'd have to be extra dilligent about regular water changes and having a cleanup crew.

That's not as difficult as dwarf seahorses but also not as easy as mushrooms. But it would be incredibly colorful and could be very striking...a real showpiece.

C

Oh, and here is one possible source for the dendros:

http://thecaptivereef.samsbiz.com/page/15u...ophyliidae.html

I'm thirding the mushroom tank thing ^_^ Sounds easy and low light. Would/should yumas do okay in it? I put a couple of half dead ones that were getting too much light in my main tank in there, and got a loose one earlier to try. Just any random shrooms I find, or are there certain ones to stick away from(not including rhodactis, since they get big enough that they could eat my pet rats >_>)

Archived