SaltCritters.com

HELP! ph low

dla

omgomgomg I just check it and it is at 7.4 . What should I do? My dkh is at 9.

All I have moving the water is a aquaclear 20, should I get another one or a small pump to move the water or just leave it alone?

The Ultimate DanK

A slight drop in Ph is to be expected during cycling. Don't worry about it. Just change some of the water at the end of the cycle.

A slight drop in Ph is to be expected during cycling. Don't worry about it. Just change some of the water at the end of the cycle.

All I did was take down my 10 gallon tank and got about 4lbs of live rock out of it and water to put into this 2.5 tank. If the cycle restarted, should I be worried about the corals? I keeping and eye on the ammonia and nitrite too.

The Ultimate DanK

If that is the case I would raise the Ph slowly over the period of a week or two by doing very small water changes with your water of your desired Ph. However, I also reccomend that you check out the beginner's forum and look at the Read This sticky. Pretty sure someone mentions that a Ph of 7.8 should be fine. How does your livestock look?

If that is the case I would raise the Ph slowly over the period of a week or two by doing very small water changes with your water of your desired Ph. However, I also reccomend that you check out the beginner's forum and look at the Read This sticky. Pretty sure someone mentions that a Ph of 7.8 should be fine. How does your livestock look?

All of the livestock are doing great.

The Ultimate DanK

I'd say you're fine then. Raising your ph slowly might be a good idea though. There is always the possibility that 7.8 is your tank's "comfort zone."

it could be that your tank cannot release CO2 quickly enough. Do you use a lid? is your surface water very turbulent?

your tank is very young still, despite having corals in it. I agree with DanK, you are experiencing a new cycle in the new tank, and as long as your corals look OK then you are doing fine.

(how do you measure pH? what time of day? pH pens are very useful; you can get a non-hobby one off ebay for ~$30 shipped)

Archived