ReefCleaners.org

sps tank

zoey

i am starting an 20 gallon long reef tank and would like to keep sps and clams.. i would like to get a mh and vho combo, but i cant find one for a 30 inch long tank.. i dont want retofit. can anyone help me out ?? thanks???

I am going to be changing my dual 65w PC lamps so I can do the same. I was considering another 65w lamp (3x65watts!!), but even though PC is cooler than MH, it needs to be so close to the surface, and leaves less circulation space above the water, thus transferring alot more heat than a metal halide pendant over an open top aquarium. Since I love the open top on my cube, and I have enough float switches around to make top offs for everything, Im going to get a reefsun fixture for my 20H. I dont intend on using VHOs though. A single 10,000K bulb is all I have over my 60 cube, and it is all I suspect I should need over my 20. If you feel a need for supplimental actinic anyways, good luck finding it for a tank that size. Although 24" VHOs exist, I havent seen them. Seems most VHOs are 48". Maybe a 65w PC bulb would be better anyways...

Archived