inTank Media Baskets

Hermit question

caja

One of my blue legged hermits has gotten pretty aggressive over the past few days. The other day it was wrestling with the other blue leg and today it was attacking one of my nassarius snails. I've got several shells in the tank for them to switch into and the snail is half it's size. Do I need to ditch him now before he kills something? I've noticed him climbing on and picking at my chili coral too.:o

Edit: Sorry, this should have gone in the invert forum.:o

that's the thing about those blues, as they get bigger they get aggressive. :( they're great algae eaters ime but get voracious after a while.

either directly feed him or i would think about banishing it to a sump/fuge or trade imo. directly feeding it may just make a bigger problem. the coral picking is an immediate banishment or death sentence in my systems.

duckhuntboy

I threw out my blue-leg after getting ####ed that it kept eating my new snails. my dwarf zebra hermit is just now learning the same instincts, and after switching to 2 new shells and tripling in size ing two months (I kid you not) the crab beats on everyone. The only crab I've had good success with is the red leg. he just keeps to himself, and eats off the rock in the tank.

Archived