Coral Vue Hydros

Salifert Phosphate Test Kit

sykospark

I can't tell if my reading is 0, .5 or 1.0. It all looks the same to me!

I try under different lighting, and it's still very ambiguous.

Can anyone recommend a better test kit, or anyone who uses this one, have any suggestions on how to read it better?

Thanks!!!

I can't tell if my reading is 0, .5 or 1.0. It all looks the same to me!

I try under different lighting, and it's still very ambiguous.

Can anyone recommend a better test kit, or anyone who uses this one, have any suggestions on how to read it better?

Thanks!!!

don't waste your time with it. it is only used to see if your phosphates are abnormally high. lower readings are very inaccurate, and you need a pinpoint ph reader for accurate readings.

HecticDialectics
don't waste your time with it. it is only used to see if your phosphates are abnormally high. lower readings are very inaccurate, and you need a pinpoint ph reader for accurate readings.

You can use a PH meter to read phosphates?

they say you should look at the tube from the top.

I don't get this one as the color changes with the height of the liquid.

What I do is to put the tube on top of the reading paper and decide which color blends in most.

no, a ph meter can not read phosphates. I think he was just mistaken and thought ph=phosphates, lol just a mistake.

anyways, look up ELOS brand test kits. Phosphates should run you about 25bucks for 50tests.

Elos has very good accuracy and has a new color scheme. It is very easy to see the difference in colors.

They are a european brand, so google them, not many sell them in the US.

Helfrichs Chick

Yea your looking through the top not the side like most of the sali test kits right? I use it and seems to work fin for me.

Agreed^

or you can gage by how often you clean your glass...i go anywhere from 5-7 days without having to touch my glass...if i have to clean earlier i put a po4 remover in and im back to 5-7 days again

or you can gage by how often you clean your glass...i go anywhere from 5-7 days without having to touch my glass...if i have to clean earlier i put a po4 remover in and im back to 5-7 days again

my clean up crew is insane. they keep the glass pretty good. iw as having some daily algae issues but i haven't touched the glass in days now.

Archived