Innovative Marine Aquariums

Need Flatworm solution!

FK3

Ok people I just discovered some flatworms tonight and I am curious if any wrasse species will do in my 5.5? I will be planning on an upgrade in a few months to my upcoming 125. Thanks so much.

I'm assuming by your description that there are currently only a few flatworms in your tank. If so, then just suck them out with a pipette or siphon and you should be able to easily keep them under control if not eliminate them altogether. A 6 line wrasse is reported to eat flatworms about 50% of the time, so that's not even a guaranteed option, nevermind the tank size issue. If you do a search for "flatworms" onn this site then you will undoubtedly come up with numerous useful topics about them.

siphon 'em first, if there are only a few. I use an airline tube loosely zip-tied to a chopstick to do my nano water changes. Slow enough flow, and you are able to suck these guys out with little water , as opposed to the amount of water a baster pulls out for one or two little flatworms. Works great for cyano, etc. and small nooks/crannies in the tank.

Archived