Top Shelf Aquatics

aiptasia

marbles21

whats the best way to get rid of it. i just saw a small one in the tank and want it gone asap!!!!!

also why is it so bad? why does everyone hate it? will it kill a clown or other fish?

whats the best way to get rid of it. i just saw a small one in the tank and want it gone asap!!!!!

also why is it so bad? why does everyone hate it? will it kill a clown or other fish?

get a peppermint shrimp. if you plan on keeping other corals then you should hate it, because it will sting them. other than that its not bad. =)

so it wont hurt my fish?

will it hurt my pink tipped anenome?

will it hurt me ? lol :P

also if i dont keep corals then it should be fine?

if you dont keep corals you can keep it, but they become a real eyesore. it will sting your nem and may sting fish that are near and asleep. don't think they'll hurt you 'cos it wil have retracted . HTH.

ive been wondering the same thing too

i have several, with the biggest being about the size of a nickel. they move around a bit which is weird but i havent noticed any damage and they are touching several zoa colonies and a bubble coral

how big do they get? (disc size)

Biggest I've seen were about the size of a quarter or maybe slightly larger in an aquarium in Hawaii. They had taken over the tank and the museum people let them grow for a few years. Was a really cool tank.

Zoas are pretty toxic--mine burned some hitchhiker mojanos enough to kill them, so I wouldn't be surprised that the zoas aren't too affected.

Archived