inTank Media Baskets

nano stream rant

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

tiny - Do you do product design, or injection molding? I've had a reef related idea I have been tossing around. Maybe you could give me some tips.
sorry, bob, i didn't see this post. it had page turned right after your post.

i do both actually. i own an injection molding company and we're constantly doing product design and development for all types of industries. medical, auto, food service, toys, pet, advertising, etc. turnkey projects are our specialty (versus typical custom molders-job shops). we go from drawing to finished goods (retail or oem).

our clients usually handle the marketing (we can also do that too, we have a long history of retail involvement) and we handle the actual manufacturing and distribution. i.e. grunt work :P

give me a pm and we can talk.

now this thread is getting scary for me. :unsure::lol:

I will agree with what is said... the part is just crap! How could they of all companies design such rubbish?

I thought we pay premium $$$ for tunze because it is supposed to be bullet proof and worry free?

Mine is not broken, but I almost broke it removing from the packaging. I wouldn't be surprised if it fell apart now.

I'm tempted to take mine apart to see if they've remedied this since mine are less than a month old, but I'm afraid I'll break one of the clips now :unsure:

I'm tempted to take mine apart to see if they've remedied this since mine are less than a month old, but I'm afraid I'll break one of the clips now :unsure:

if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

you should be able to peek on the base of the tabs though without dismantling it to see if the radius was incorporated. unless there's some kind of overlapping edge that block the view. but if it's on already there really isn't much that should shock/crack the tabs off unless you dropped the unit.

the rattling on the RC thread and mentioned here really shouldn't have broke the part imo. then again, i don't know how strong a motor unit we're talking about but certain aspects don't add up if it was "so brittle". i think it's more design error that occurs from flexing too much on assembly. problem for them is that you need to flex to assemble (based upon what i've seen in the pictures).

I too have a great idea. It's called adin Barbie. We can sell it in the nano-reef store.
adin-barbie? hmm, too lazy and easy to bed. not a very good role model imho.

should sell great! we can have a whole line of "fragz dolls"! have your people call my people. :happy:

NanoReefaholic

6025whatthe.jpg

Looks like I have the same thing, broken clips, but I also had the shaft come out of the pump when I took the impeller out to clean it. POS need I say more?

BTW, Icy and myself are Canadian so Roger won't/can't help us with replacements. Our distributor Phil seems to have found a hole somewhere as he isn't answering emails or the phone.

neanderthalman

Perhaps Phil's igloo iced over.....

While Roger can't help you with replacements, he sure as hell should be able to help you find Phil.

NanoReefaholic
While Roger can't help you with replacements, he sure as hell should be able to help you find Phil.

It seems that he's jerked off for a few weeks leaving the shop unattended. Very poor representation. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Ugh! I have a 6025 that is working well so far. Should I tear the base and arm apart and glue the pieces together just to make sure??? :huh:

Thanks in advance!

It seems that he's jerked off for a few weeks leaving the shop unattended. Very poor representation. :angry:
formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

i wouldn't pull it apart. the more you move the clips, the more you increase your chances of breaking them.

if you fill in the hole in the brace that holds the powerhead( center) and glue the clips from the back of the magnet, it should prevent the clips from breaking in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

mine did this today. fantastic! its POS. luckily my tank is covered and i was next to it when it happened. i ordered the hydor koralia today, hopefully it wont be as flawed

Doh! Mine just broke today. I put the magnets too close to each other and the bracket ripped right out of the base. :( Oh well, nothing a bit of super glue can't fix.

Archived