Top Shelf Aquatics

duster sliming tank

skier06

a week ago I got 2 feather dusters. one of them shed its crown after a day or so and has stayed in its tube. the last couple days I've noticed it poke out with new feathers growing. good sign I thought. well tonight while I'm watching a turbo is crawlin on the feathers tube. then all of the sudden my anemone closes completely up in a few seconds and the feather starts sliming the tank like crazy covering everything in strings of snot Do I need to do something about this? all the tank params are perfect. is this gonna effect anything else in the tank besides just making a mess? its secreting this mess right through the sides of the tube it looks like

X)

deacon hemp

I think your feather's just bred,it happened to me but i didn't see that much of a mess but they both lost they're crowns,and then in the following weeks thousands of mini dusters started to appear,mine were bigger hawaiian type feather dusters. just my thoughts. deacon

I would be less concerned if it was that. but this look like mucus hangin off of everything. went on for about 15 minutes. is that what yours did? I thought I read that when they spawned or whatever it was more kinda smoky lookin instead of snot

:x

I forcibly moved my duster last night and man did it spew snot strings. This is a defensive thing and should not effect anything in your tank (at least nothing in any of my tanks were ever effected and I have had lots of duster snot happen in them). The strings will disappear in a few hours. I would stop stressing the poor thing though. If it just lost it's crown and now it's sliming due to something bothering it, it won't last long that way.

Archived