Innovative Marine Aquariums

Attaching Xenia Frag

Foogoo

@#%$#@$ What do you guys do to make xenia frags attach? I tried setting a newly cut frag down to let it heal but it kept flipping over so I tried to glue it but it ended up as a huge ball of super glue and mucus. Now it's sitting there and hopefully will stay there.

I try to put it in a low flow area and just place them on some rock rubble.

If that doesn't work then I get a bottle (water bottle in my case) and cut it in half (or more if its a big 1-2 liter) and then take the lower half of the bottle & fill it with some rock rubble & throw the coral on top of that & then put it somewhere in my tank. The coral doesn't get blown all over sitting in the bottle, and attaches itself in a few days. You probably should put some type of fine mesh netting on the top so fish & snails don't disturb it.

Rubberbands work for me... mine don't typically need more than say a few hours to attatch... than i take em off. Make sure it is just tight enough to hold the xenia in place....

ive attached both elongatas and regs to one side of my 5.5

Usually you can just set a rock on the xenias and they will do the rest.....

So have you got em goin yet?

My frag for some reason would always flip itself over when it tried to expand to i cornered it with a rock and when it finally expanded a bit i set it in the crevice of a rock and it finally attached itself.

Archived