Innovative Marine Aquariums

Thanks Guys

ScottyDaug

Thanks Guys, I will let it cylce for a month or so. I thought with the undectable Ammonia & nitrites that it had the required bacteria established. I don't have city water, I have an Artesian well. Do you still think it will be a good idea to get distilled water? I want to buy a Ebo Jager heater and a powerhead, and possibly upgrade the lighting, but I am hesitant on doing this because I feel like I may be putting money into a money pit, if I cant make this thing work. Dont a lot of people "cycle" with Damsels, and have minimal problems? Thanks again for the info guys. I think I learned an expensive lesson(two clownfish $20x2=$40.00 + two yellow tail damsels $6.00 x 2=$12.00=$52.00 total), darn thats down right depressing.:*(

Bettonskyblue

I am only a begginer myself i have had my tank for about seven months but i cycled with two damsels and some cured live rock and everything went just fine.

If you have your requisite test kits - you may want to test your well water. Even better, have it tested professionally - information that may benefit you and your family as well as your reef.

Obviously, continue to ask questions. Also, I strongly recommend this book. There are plenty of others out there - this is just my personal rec

The Natural Reef Aquarium by John Tullock

Oh, and whether you succeed or fail - this hobby is a money pit nonetheless :|

Archived