Cultivated Reef

Wanna do it Right

Jawz

All right ive tried saltwater before and failed cuz i couldnt afford everything for a 50 gallon tank which i set back to freshwater. Now im back with more paitence and determination to do a freshwater tank the right way. Straight out what i want is a small tank around 6 gallons with 1 percula and live rock. Im not all into the reef status. I plan to probly use a Marineland Eclipse 6 or 3 but i think that be way to small for a percula.

What i want to kno is what do i need, anything and everything in order to do this tank right? I am patient and will slowly save for everything before i lay a penny down. Again i am very determined to do this right. So i could use a list of everything i need. I kno this may be a long question, im sorry but i hate failure and i aim to succeed. Thank you all in advance.

If you're patient... go read other threads on this board. There's more than enough information to get you started here... Don't mean to sound rude, but it's better to do your own reading and research so that you understand WHY you're doing what you're doing.

I was you situation about a month ago, and I've been persistently reading any thread that was even remotely related to what I wanted to know... and now I have a decent understanding of what I need to do in order to get my system set up right... hope this helps.

-moore

hmm ok i understand, and thatis a valid response. my main concern is lighting. What will be sufficient for a FOWLR? I sorta jsut planned to use a powerglo bulb, since i was recommended that in the past for a FOWLR setup.

Archived