ReefCleaners.org

Calcium

Uploadead

I think the only way to be certain is to test your water on a regular basis. If the calcium starts to drops and w/c's aren't keeping up, then you will need to dose. I doubt that will be the case with only 1-3 SPS, unless they got really large, but regular testing is the only way to be certain.

I only want ONE plating montipora (ive saved it a space in the tank (waiting 6 months ;))) coral. Upgrading the lights and adding a reflector. do you think a reflector would cause too much heat, although I have some fans?

Generally speaking, water changes will make up for calcium losses in a nano (unless it is heavily stocked with SPS). If not, then a 2 part liquid dosing regime is easy enough to do every morning.

Also, for what its worth, I seriously doubt you'd need to wait 6 months to get a Monti cap. Maybe wait a couple of months to make sure that your algae blooms and what not are under control, but after that I'd give it a shot, especially if you can find a frag of it for cheap.

the guy at the LFS said he can chip his purple off for free 'cos im only a kid he doesn't like to see me pay alot :)

would the lighting still be an issue?

the guy at the LFS said he can chip his purple off for free 'cos im only a kid he doesn't like to see me pay alot :)

would the lighting still be an issue?

With PC's for lighting, I think a purple would turn brown on you. A green or orange would probably be a better bet, but if you just want to see if it'll grow, then anything free is always good.

even if I upgraded lights and reflector? heres the eBay coral I had in mind though.... theres a red one aswell, but it looks kinda brownish... and £3 more expensive! :D

Archived