Cultivated Reef

My Tub "Coral Garden"

Six

I've had a couple requests for more information on my tub reef tank. I use it as a propagation tank, but as you will see, I don't frag a whole lot right now. We're just maintaining mother colonies (space limitations- you'll see what I mean).

There are three videos to the tour. All are uploaded on youtube.com.

First is the hardware tour:

Second is the livestock tour, including being under the water!

Third is the livestock tour part 2, also being under water!

I made a playlist of all three here: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=04C0CE2F34F06F8A

As you will see, we do things the easy way as far as hardware goes. We're looking to upgrade our next system to 2x250W halides and some sort of added calcium source from a reactor of some type (not sure what yet). We're also going to have a refugium inline which may or may not surge the tank (we haven't decided yet). It'll be pretty fun. We are, however, thinking of upgrading the lights we already bought for the next project to 400w so we can do acros. I dunno if that will happen. LOL.

Enjoy. Hope my voice isnt too annoying. I never knew it was so nasel-y, lol. any comment or suggestions please feel free. :)

Nice!

Love the underwater camera.

You repeated the second link under "Third is the livestock tour part 2, also being under water!" btw.

lol.

oh, thanks reef gator! urg. ill fix it! :)

im sitting here thinking why i posted this in the aquaculture forum. i guess its more of a member tank kind of thread. lol. oh well.

Archived