Cultivated Reef

Well got my Octopus tonight. :)

05XRunner

Well went out to my LFS to see if they got me one in again since the one in shipment lastweek died during shipping.

Its in the tank and is scared so its hiding in the rocks now.

Good sign though is I wiggled a silverside fish infront of him and then dropped it and he grabbed it right up.

I am sure once its all settled in it will be out and more active. I havnt had an octo for a long time and I forget how long it usually took my others to get use to everything and start commin out.

Once he does I will get some pics.

Well i use to always get Bimacs years ago....But this one they just called it a Common octo..So I really have NO idea what it is...Its not a Bimac from what i can tell so far. Doesnt have the dot on each side of it. But I havnt got a REAL good look at it yet sooo it might be.

his mantel is about the size of a large grape..and full tip to tip maybe 8"

I am no where near the sea..Bimacs and others usually live year to 1.5years max

dwarf live only 6-8months I still am unsure of the species yet.

tank is sealed down with no possible holes to get out.

tank is sealed down with no possible holes to get out.

I'm planning to setup a 30 cube for a octopus and i'm looking for ideas of what materials I should use to seal the top. I was thinking about using window screen .

Some better pics of his stroll around the tank just now

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

Great looking real neat. A friend of mine had a pair of blue ring together in 55 gallon they lived fine together mated than both died .

I like the dwarf Florida types. Have actually seen them for sale in Miami as Bait as laws mean nothing there (only couple of dollars) . How they catch them I dont know not sure what type but they are small.

If it wasnt for the escape factor would get one . Amazing to watch them.

I had two bimacs. I got the first on when I was diving.It lived for 4 mos but it was really old when I got it the I laid eggs and the eggs hatched then she died :(. I was able to raise some young only got five to childhood. I sold 4 of em and kept one for 14 mos. Its too bad they dont live longer. Good Luck octos r the best pets EVER!!!!

SCR

yea this is my first non Bimac...I have had 3 Bimac before..Last one lived around the 10month mark wich is probably longest it would go cause I am not sure how old it was when i got it.

This guy just hangs out alot...Right now he is sitting in the walmart soapdish filled with cheato. just hanging out sitting in the cheato like a bed.

this guy keeps getting goofier.

I put cheato in the tank in the small soapdish..all day yesterday he was hanging out in the cheato...kinda like a bed to him

The Propagator
Well i use to always get Bimacs years ago....But this one they just called it a Common octo..So I really have NO idea what it is...Its not a Bimac from what i can tell so far. Doesnt have the dot on each side of it. But I havnt got a REAL good look at it yet sooo it might be.

You had better hope that isnt a common atlantic Octo.

They get 10 foot in a HURRY and WILL bust that top right off when he gets bigger.

Looks like an adult joubini ( Gulf Dwarf Octo) OR a Briarius ( also from the Gulf).

no its a bipedal octo.

the red one is a dwarf and lives in a 3gal Nano...get a real tank so it can move more then 6in from side to side B)

Archived