Cultivated Reef

Goby not eating, help!

Seth

I got my first fish for my nano yesterday.

It's a yellow clown goby.

I tried feeding frozen brine shrimp but it's not eating it.

What should i do???

Thanks!

Clown gobies have been known not to eat. They seem to be finicky eaters. I would try feeding an assortment of foods such as nori, flake, zooplankton, phyto, krill, mysis, squid and shrimp. Mix up a batch very FINELY chopped - clown gobies have super small mouths - and throw it in the tank and let it go.

Eventually he/she should start eating. If by chance it does not, you might want to try another form of food. Something live perhaps.

I will also stress the importance of vitamin enriched foods. This prevents disease, helps with stress and keeps immune systems in check. It also helps with nutrition overal.

I have a black clown goby that I don't think I have ever seen eat. Hopefully he is getting food or eating pods.

Thanks!

Oh btw, what happened to your leds?

I emailed you about the price but never got an reply.

And where did you get your small t5's?

Thanks man!

• 5 weeks later...

I have a Clown Goby in my mini bow 7 and I've had him for about a month now, when I first got him he didn't eat for about 3 days cause I was feeding my other fish (two clown fish, two striped damsels) flake food. Then I put some frozen food in the tank and he ate some but spit the large chunks out, he then started eating the flake food I fed the other fish but I still give the other fish some frozen food squid, mysis shrimp, ect. I even gave them some worms but the goby didnt eat any. But after a few days the clown goby started eating whatever the other fish ate.

Archived