SaltCritters.com

Would this setup work for BTA

dafunk5446

I have a 20L tank cycling, It has a calcite sand floor 1-2", 2x65w coralife pc, 16 pounds live rock, and a aquaclear 110 fuge with 18 watt lighting, 2-105gph powerheads, I would like to get a bta for the tank, would this be fine I dont mind the idea of it being a species only tank, and if this would be ok, which clowns would work in this size tank? When would I be able to get it? Should I add the fish first to help get the tank ready? Lots of clean up crew? Thanks in advance

BTA's are hardy, for anemone's anyway. Still, you'll need more than just a cycled tank. You'll need a mature tank.... I'd give it several months (think along the lines of 4 to 6) before adding any anemone.

Also, I didn't see any mention of tank lighting... I saw thw fuge light, but no tank light. What do you plan on lighting the tank with? BTA's don't need halides, but they still require alot of light. I'd be looking in the neighborhood of 200 watts of PC's if your not going halides.

320 GPH on a 20 is pretty slow IMO. anemone's like random currents. Up those powerheads to 3 in the 200-300 GPH range, and put them on a wavemaker.

That little fuge isn't much for filtration either. Any plans on mechanical and chemical filtration? It's not nessecary, but it would help. Personally, I always have at least a small amount of carbon and some floss for filtration, on any tank.

Clowns...... Maroon's are natural BTA hosts, but a 20 is kinda small for a pair of maroons. Though there is no guarantee any clown will host, I'd go with true perc's. Percs seem to host just about anything.

BTA's are hardy, for anemone's anyway. Still, you'll need more than just a cycled tank. You'll need a mature tank.... I'd give it several months (think along the lines of 4 to 6) before adding any anemone.

Also, I didn't see any mention of tank lighting... I saw thw fuge light, but no tank light. What do you plan on lighting the tank with? BTA's don't need halides, but they still require alot of light. I'd be looking in the neighborhood of 200 watts of PC's if your not going halides.

320 GPH on a 20 is pretty slow IMO. anemone's like random currents. Up those powerheads to 3 in the 200-300 GPH range, and put them on a wavemaker.

That little fuge isn't much for filtration either. Any plans on mechanical and chemical filtration? It's not nessecary, but it would help. Personally, I always have at least a small amount of carbon and some floss for filtration, on any tank.

Clowns...... Maroon's are natural BTA hosts, but a 20 is kinda small for a pair of maroons. Though there is no guarantee any clown will host, I'd go with true perc's. Percs seem to host just about anything.

The light on my tank is a Coralife 2x65 watt power compact aqualight, I wasnt

planning on getting a bta anytime soon, I was wondering if there was anyway that

I could help make the tank even more stable in the 4-6 month range, the fuge

was mostly for control of ph swings and whatnot, but i to believe in floss and

carbon, so i made slots that will hold a carbon cart and some floss, still debating if

I am going to add a skimmer. I could easliy up the gph if needed. If i were to

keep just one maroon in the tank would that be better or torture for the little guy.

Sorry, if you cant tell im still fairly new to corals and inverts, ive only had FOWLR

tanks before.

3 powerheads in a 20 is going to make it hard for the Anenome, not for flow, but the danger of them. Make sure you use the foam on the intakes. Trust me....

above, he is basically stating : " Blended anemone isn't nice".

Be cautions with them, they can move pretty stupidly sometimes , but i'm sure you knew that ;)

Archived