inTank Media Baskets

filter socks catch it all

ebin

cleaning my filter sock today I found a used band aid..... looks like my daughter was caring for the reef.

anyone else find weird stuff in the sock?

xoxo

I don't use a filter sock but I once found a dead bee in my overflow. Don't know how the hell that got in there since my tank is in the basement and there has been maybe one bee in the house in the last 10 years.

do filter socks catch the bubbles pretty good? i have a bad microbubble problem and i was thinking about using a filter sock to make it better

do filter socks catch the bubbles pretty good? i have a bad microbubble problem and i was thinking about using a filter sock to make it better

Matty,

The only downside to a filter sock is you have to make sure to change it regularly. As far as bubbles, make sure that your drain goes into the sock, not just stopping above it. That causes a lot of noise and bubbles.

Do you have a skimmer? That could be your microbubble problem.

Robb

i do but its not running, its going to be started up tomorrow along with the bubble trap, and purigen and carbon running with it into the main sump where 2 900 GPH pumps will be circulating water through the tank

Archived