inTank Media Baskets

Visi-Therm Auto Aquarium Heater... 25W

The Unit

I have a 100w visi-therm in my 10 gal and I like it a lot. No problems except when I left it unplugged for a couple days, It didn't seem to do much then. I don't know about a 25w in a 2.5 though, that's what I was planning on putting in my 2.5 that I'm putting together now. Let me know how that goes for you if you use it.

I posted this on another thread. It seems as if my experiences with Visi-Therm mirror other people's on this discussion board...Visi Therm heaters work well for a season, but then tend to short out.

I know that of the 4 that I've owned all 4 of them shorted after a few years. I think their problem is in the sealing. They leak over time, leaking causes corrosion and shorts, voila: Fish and Coral stew.

I'd either place the tank in an area that isn't prone to drafts or major temperature changes, therefore maintains an even temperature, or I would get a Tronic 50w or the smallest Ebo Jager made.

For more information, look at the "bye bye nanoreefers" thread. It has a lot to say about Visi-Therm as well.

Just my .02

wow i dont know too much about what FSU said but it sounds like you and i should both take it into consideration. i think I will. oh yes and for lighting I'm going to use 2x13w Rite Lites I found at WalMart. I actually posted a thread yesterday on the lighting board if you're interested. hope all goes well with the 2.5

dOOds-

this is the best heater for the money bar none. i've used titaniums, ebo jagers, visitherms and i think these are the most reliable, stable, SMALL (way more sleek than any alternative) heaters available. i have used the 25 W in 2.5s and 5.5s and it worked GREAT! the temp adjustment "knob" is a lil obnoxious but you should only have to set it once!

http://www.fishsupply.com/cgi-bin/f2/commo...AAZ/SHMHG-A0721

sale priced too!

tg

Archived