Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

michigan reefers come together

slickwilly

hey all you michigan reefers if your looking to buy or trade stuff get with me and let me know i can usually find most anything.

sometimes even at affordable prices. im always lookin for new stuff myself maybe i can help or you can help me

hey ive got a 38 gal freshwater tank with all accesories, hood and stand that im trying to sell or trade for salt water stuff, live rock, lighting ect.

slickwilly,

i have a 55 gal tank that is salt water that i am trying to find lights for that would be sufficient for a reef setup, or maybe live rock, or anything else that would improve my tank(it is nothing fancy right now, just a tank, a lil live rock, afew fish, and a hang on filter). i am willing to trade my 38 gal freshwater complete for accesories.

what's your local nas? i would take your fw fish to a lfs and trade for store credit. you could use that for lr or whatever. as far as lights goif you plan on any corals and such i would reccomend

power compact flourescant lighting (p.c.) they aren't really cheap

but way less expensive than halide fixtures. with the 55 i believe its a 12" depth? so probsbly either 2 24 inch or one 48 inch probably 36 watt pc would do check our sponser hello lights.com

they really have the best prices i've seen on pc lighting.

yeah, slick,

i was going to take the fish to a lfs ( i live near flint, any suggestions?) for credit if somone just wanted the tank and not the fish.

i was thinking of going with the 440w vho setup, but i only have room to run 2 48 inch bulbs the way my canopy is, ant then i was gonna hook up the other two as 18 " no. do you think that would be sufficient for some corals?

man i would really like to find someone to take this 38 gal off my hands.

they may be fine for lower light corals. what part of flint? i grew up in clio they have a great store there called "somethin's fishy"

also in flushing there is a neat little store called"all wet pets" the owner brent is a very nice and informative guy he is very smart on things i have noticed he takes good care of his saltwater stuuf

thats the best place aroud i've seen for corals and such

i think that somethin's fishy is a great store i bought a tomato clown there and have had it for almost 6 years now

i would definatley reccomend a pc light unit with one actinic and one white bulb

then you can have most any coral you could want

but anyways good luck with yur project

put up an add at the lfs if you havent already, nas they have them up all the time someone wants it

you just gotta find em

slick,

what is the difference between pc's and vho? with vho i figured i could get more watts, 250 the way my canopy is set up. the highest pc ive seen is 96w. is a 96 pc better than a 110 vho?

i have been to both somethins fishy(just bought a sebae, from them, and saw what they call a sebae clown, thought it was a clarkii, but i read they r not the same?) and ive been to all wet pets,(bought a condy). i think somethins fishy has a better selection at a better price, although im not sure about the quality.

have you ever been to moby dicks in waterford? nice place, i usually go there, they take very good care of me, and are very knowledgeable.

i think that the pc would be a better way to go nasas far as your opinnion about the lfs' i tend to agree i have bought way more fish from sometins fishy than from all wet pets. but brent is definatley more knowledgable than the people @ somethins fishy.

i have had very good luck with fish from somethins fishy

Hey guys!

Just stumbled across this site..and this thread. Glad to know there are others here in MI running reefs!

I'm starting my system from the ground up. I dont even own a tank yet! Just looking around everywhere to find the best items at the best prices. Any suggestions?

I have a friend who is breaking down his tank, so I will have all the free live sand I need. :D

Anyone have any suggestions on items?

Thanks!

Nep

slickwilly

sorry nepthea i didn't mean to ignore you my pc has been acting up lately and doesnt work half the time

what size tak do you need the skimmer for?

i'll try to help you if i can

slickwilly

oh sorry 20 long . as for the skimmer i would only recomend to you the prizm skimmer by red sea. average lfs price is 100 bucks

online they range from 66 to 88 bucks check pet solutions.com

every once in a while they have them on sale. i have found great deals on equipment there.

Thanks! I thought so too!! I had a guy sneak in and try to out bid me with like 35 seconds left! I was in a panic trying to bid higher before the auction was over. It 's pretty funny now though! I also got my TetraTec PF 150 w/ heater for $37 with shipping. The filter alone is $39 at the LFS, and the heater is another $27.

I LOVE EBAY!!!!!

Archived